Saturday, March 23, 2013

Manhattan


Chapter One. He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. New York was his town, and it always would be.


-Well tell me, why did you get a divorce?
-Why? I got a divorce bacause my ex-wife left me for another woman.
-Really? God, that must have been really demoralizing.
-Well, I dunno, I thought I took it rather well under the circumstances. I tried to run them both over with a car.





My analyst warned me, but you were so beautiful I got another analyst.


I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics


Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage.


- I guess I should straighten my life out, huh? I mean, Donnie my analyst is always telling me...
- You call your analyst Donnie?
- Yeah, I call him Donnie.
-Donnie, your analyst? I call mine Dr. Chomsky, you know? Either that or he hits me with a ruler.


You know a lot of geniuses, y'know? You should meet some stupid people once in a while, y'know, you could learn something.


You rely too much on the brain. The brain is the most overrated organ.


She's 17. I'm 42 and she's 17. I'm older than her father, can you believe that? 


I can't express anger. That's my problem. I internalize everything.


Not everybody gets corrupted. You have to have a little faith in people.


Images via Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment